Saturday, June 7, 2008

GAY MARRIAGE!


Gay marriage is legal June 17 and our friends who have been together for eighteen years were planning on going to the courthouse on the 20th and I thought it would be a great opportunity for Tina and I to get married too. We could have a double wedding. We weren't sure if our friends Debra and Kim would be up for it, but turns out they are! They love the idea! For a long time now, I've been wanting Tina and I to have rings. I've seen people eyeball my left hand and since people notice and we're planning on getting pregnant, I really think rings are appropriate. Students ask me all the time if I'm married and lately, I've been saying yes, but again...I have no ring on that finger. SO...we went down to the outlet mall..and decided to look! All the stuff we saw online looked WAY too puny and way too conservative. Then the very last display we looked in..which was at the front of the store when you walk it...had our dream rings! They had a matching set in yellow gold and white gold. It was meant to be! 

No comments: