





Tina's best friend is on the mend. We are going to go see her when Carly wakes up. She sent a picture of her eye and her sister was right, it is the blackest black eye I have ever seen. Thank god she's going to be okay. She was in ICU yesterday so we haven't been able to see her yet.
On the way over to Arizona I got a speeding ticket for going 88 in a 70. Do not speed near the border of Arizona because you will get a ticket. There were five police cars with radar guns. As soon as I saw them I knew I was in trouble. Actually, anytime I see a police car my gut reaction is to slam on the brakes. Tina said she thought we were going to come to a complete stop on the highway. ha! She's so funny. It's true though. I couldn't be more obvious of my guilt. Tina drove the rest of the way and I am so glad because they have radar cameras in Arizona on every block. It is very intimidating. Carly was a terrific traveler. She slept nearly the whole way. :) SWEET THING. She needed her rest.
We saw Tina's brother's lifelong partner/girlfriend/mother of his children at lunch today. I should just say wife since they've been together since high school, but they never actually got married for some reason. She is the person Tina came out to at Thanksgiving. She was very sweet. She was so excited to meet Carly. I get to meet Tina's brother tomorrow. She said they used to be very close growing up and over the years they've sort of drifted because Tina was always afraid to tell them she was gay. I'm just thrilled that I will be able to meet him as Tina's wife and mother of her child. :) We checked out the pool today. The weather is BEAUTIFUL here! Oh! And I meant to say how great of a job Carly is doing CRAWLING! She's getting into everything here and having a blast! This place is awesome. Its so cool to have the whole family here...meaning dogs here with us. We found a pet friendly hotel!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment