Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweet Carly!







Carly had about a 30 minute nap yesterday in the jogger while we were walking on the boardwalk and then she played with baby jay and went to bed around 8:30pm and slept until 8:45am without one peep! I woke up at 6 am shocked that she was still sleeping. I was a little worried, but not worried enough to get out of bed and check on her. Finally I got up at 8:45 am and just as I did she started babbling. Of course she peed through everything, but she was as happy as could be! I was happy too, because it felt so good to sleep all night without interrupted sleep. Although, somehow I still felt tired all day. What is that? I guess I'm still adjusting to being back at work.
Anyway, I put her down for a nap later than I usually do because she slept in so late this morning, but she did not seem a bit tired. In fact, she just played in her crib and babbled. (It was so cute.) She was actually singing and having a blast all by herself in her crib. Finally about 40 minutes later when she started to fake cry I decided to skip the nap. I tried to put her down at 4 pm again and the same thing happened. Then at 6:30 pm when she was eating her dinner she fell asleep in her chair, so we put her down to sleep for the night. Just now she let out some cries and I ran upstairs flicked the light on in the hall and she was asleep. I guess she was just dreaming. She's still cutting two molars, so maybe that's why she wouldn't take a nap. She was popping her jaw, pulling her ear and she has a runny nose which are all the teething symptoms. She also has that bad freight train breathing from her chest. I just hate that she struggles to breath like that. She absolutely hates her nebulizer, but we've been trying to use it more diligently because her chest just isn't clearing up. You would think she'd sound great since she takes Singular and Zyrtec daily and she just finished that whole ten day dose of antibiotics from her ear infection. We'll see how she feels tomorrow.

Other news, Tina and I decided to convert our garage into a playroom! We have two single car garages, so we thought we'd convert the one that leads directly into the living room. (The other one has the washer and drier.) We're not really supposed to use our garage for anything but parking, but our condo is on the end, so its not like our car will block anyone if its parked in front of our garage or in the parking spot next to our garage. We found this half inch mat from greatmats.com and I think its going to make it super fun to thrash around in there. The only colors available in the half inch were black or gray. We picked black. I'm so excited! Tina cleared out all our stuff and its completely ready. Now, we just need to put down the mat as soon as its delivered. I want to get some cool bing bags or something for us all to lay on out there. We have a little tv and dvd player set up, but we also want it to be a space where Carly can get crazy and be active. Tina kept our little gym area set up but blocked it off with Carly's baby gate/pen. Maybe we'll actually use our little gym now that we'll actually be in there more. It's exciting. I think Carly's going to love it.

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I can't wait to see pictures.
How awesome. Playrooms rock !

Janet's page said...

I was going to say the same as K, can't wait to see pictures, playrooms are awesome!!!!

I have been sick(allergy's I'm told) and on all sorts of meds every day for the past month!! S-T-I-N-K-S!!