Wow, my breasts are SO SORE! She's latching on right, but I still have completely RAW nipples. Carly has a strong suck. I'm putting lots of lanolin on and I'm wearing those little gel pads. My boobs are also totatly filling up with milk, but I don't think that Carly's drinking enough of it. She has been passing out while she's on the breast this afternoon, then she has to reattach while I shiver with pain. I heard these first few weeks are the worst and then it gets easier. The nurse said I could ice myself before breastfeeding, which I haven't tried yet. I'm on Vicodin and 800mg of IBUProfen which you would think would help the pain. Maybe the Vicodin is doping her up.
Tina and I can't believe how wonderful it is to have Carly in our lives. WE imagined her so many times, but she is better than the dream.

2 comments:
Yep, the first weeks are the worst! It is worth it though when you stick with it. XOXOXOXOXO, Wend
Welcome home.
Breastfeeding is VERY hard and I agree....it HURTS.
They always told me it was because they latch wrong. I had someone help me with the latch and it still hurt like hell.
I would say the first month is really hard and then it gets better.
Toughen those nipples up.
Can't wait to see more pictures.
Post a Comment