Thursday, July 30, 2009

French Pedicures!

Tina and I got French Pedicures today! Last time we got our nails done was when I was a few weeks pregnant. It was SO nice. I got a manicure too. Carly was SO good. She took a nap toward the end. The ladies wanted to know who was the mom and I said, "We're both the mommies!" Then we showed them our wedding rings and said that we got legally married last year. The women were very interested in how I got pregnant. The lady who was doing my feet said, "You're much younger than she is, yes?" Then she told us that we were both pretty. They were cute. They told us about Vietnam and how having babies is WAY less expensive there. The lady doing Tina's feet had ten siblings and her mom had thirteen siblings. She only has two kids herself and she's happy with that.
My feet feel so good. WOW! What a difference!!! The salt scrub and the massage were wonderful. After getting our nails done we went to our favorite organic restaurant and this little old lady sat by us and was totally chatting us up. She asked the question again, "Which one of you is the mom?" I answered her the same way I did in the salon, "We both are the mommies." The lady got super quiet. I felt sort of bad for her, because she was obviously thrown for a loop. Most old people don't have very much experience with gay people. Tina felt bad for the old lady too and asked her if she had the Vegan or the Turkey chili. The old lady said she had the turkey and she said that she really liked it. I'm glad Tina cleared the air. I didn't want to freak the poor old lady out, but I really want to show Carly how proud I am of our family.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

You know, I came out today (my post) but really...we come out EVERY day, don't we ?
I don't feel like it gets easier. There are always little old ladies that I don't want to throw for a loop.
Oh well !
Glad you got your pedicures.