Monday, November 30, 2009

Best Thanksgiving Ever!






It feels SO good to have my best friends close by so we can celebrate the holidays together! I don't know how we survived ELEVEN years apart.

Okay, so I woke up and hacked up green. EWWW. So gross! So, I'm thinking, "Alright, NOW I have an infection." So I go back to that new after hours doctor who we saw last week and she looked at me like I was some kind of Hypocondriac and asked me what I was there for? I told her that its in my lungs now and that I think I'm infected because of the green the itching and coughing all the time. She looked at me like I was insane. She said, "You don't have a fever, you're fine." Then she said if I start coughing at night, sit up and drink some water. I said, "Shouldn't I be taking Robitussin.DM which is okay for breastfeeding?" She told me that cough syrup doesn't really do anything. She said that I'm a healthy girl and I will beat this on my own.
Could I feel like a bigger dork? I told her that I may be paranoid, but I don't want to be irresponsible and be walking around with an infection when I'm around Carly and all the kids I work with at school. She looked at me like, "yeah sure, you're a antibiotic junkie."

Oh, and the nice lady at the counter said, "I remember you! You were here last week with your sister!" I almost corrected her that Tina is actually my WIFE, but I decided to just agree with her that Tina and I were sisters.
(ANYWAY!!!)

Carly is cuter than EVER! She has MASTERED sitting up. We prop pillows all around her in case she falls over, but she's got it down! In fact, we have to lower the crib now, because she's been trying to pull herself up with the rails! She's so damn CUTE!

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Glad you had a great thanksgiving. It looks like a great group.
It's funny...I don't really consider the way I'm feeling any more. It's all about who else is sick at our house :) ha ha
Well, unless something funky is growing on your hand :) !
I hope you start feeling better. Green gunk and all.