Sunday, April 11, 2010
Trying to Wean!
I've been doing well decreasing my daily pumps while I'm working during the week, but then the weekend comes and then I ruin it because I put Carly to bed with breastfeeding. She takes the bottle with breast milk during the week...and I thought transitioning to cow milk would be no big deal, but she hates it. She almost throws up when she tastes it. :( Same with Formula. She can't stand it. I even diluted it half cow milk and half with breast. It didn't fool her. I guess I should mix it with 1 oz cow and 2 oz breast at first. Who knows. What are we going to do? I had figured it might take a while to lose late night feedings, but how do we make her like regular milk? I think as long as she has that taste for breast milk, cow milk will be yucky. My sister said her kids never liked cow milk and they only drank water after breast feeding for 15 months or however long they lasted. They wouldn't take a bottle either. They wanted breast and nothing else. So, they weaned to water in a sippy cup. I tried cow milk in a sippy cup too. She almost threw up. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
My doctor told me to add the strawberry flavoring to it to get Syd to drink it. She wouldn't drink milk AT ALL ! and she wasn't getting breastmilk or formula at that point. I was worried and asked what to do.
I didn't love the answer because I was against all of the sweets and red dyes. (oh how it changes with 5)
Any hoo. Syd didn't like the strawberry but I tried putting some chocolate syrup in it and she drank it.
I slowly weaned her off of the chocolate and she drank milk.
ta da
The boys came along and only liked strawberry.
We don't add strawberry or chocolate to anyone's milk at all any more.
So I guess it was ok.
That sounds like a great idea! Yesterday we bought some Vanilla Pediasure to try, but it would be better if she weaned to milk.
I tried the towel thing yesterday too! It was fun!
I did the chocolate powder. Barley enough to even change the color and it worked well... I didn't even nurse either :)
What about soya milk or rice milk?
Isaiah drinks nothing but Rice Milk and LOVES it. Soy is tricky...read about it before you make that decision. :)
Post a Comment