Saturday, January 17, 2009

26 Weeks Pregnant Today!





Here's last week's picture which was actually taken five days ago, with this weeks picture. I was 25 weeks and two days and today we are 26 weeks! I think you can definitely see a size difference in that short period of time! :) Carly should weight almost 2 pounds and be 14 inches long. :) She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. She kicks all the time and I've been SO zapped of energy this week. Today we cleaned the house and I actually got motivated, but now I'm ready for a nap. Our goal is to go on THE WALK a little later. Last night we went to the movie and saw YES MAN. It was so cute. I loved the positive message about getting involved in life and how saying YES to something that may seem boring or no fun can actually lead to many opportunities! It was cute and it made us laugh a lot. I did SO good. I ordered a large water and drank that and didn't even have one piece of Tina's popcorn. I didn't get ANY beach walks in last week which is really a shame. WE did do two laps around our block, but that was only once. I know that the time is now to try to get stronger for labor. Our next obgyn app is Wednesday which will be exciting because we haven't seen Carly in an ultrasound in FOREVER! I bet she'll look SO big! We'd also like to see if the clot has dissolved. After our appointment we have part two of Getting to Know Your Baby class. We really enjoyed the last one. Although Tina kept having to play the roll of the husband, because that's the term the teacher kept using.
I never blogged about the wonderful meeting the staff at school had with the Gay Straight Alliance. I got choked up when I would hear some of the kids stories. One story was about a boy who took his own life because he was repeatedly beat up all the time by bullies and other stories were about how LGBT students were being harassed at school while the teachers did nothing about it. The message was, no matter what your belief is on whether you think homosexuality is a choice or sin, it is the LAW that every student be treated equally and teachers must not tolerate discrimination in their classrooms. All students must feel safe. Of course I got choked up and tears started flowing as the Club Advisor, who I love, spoke about his experiences with the students on our campus. He was so passionate and so sincere and so BRAVE for standing up for these kids and being a role model for them. I want to be more involved in the club.

No comments: