Saturday, February 7, 2009

29 Weeks with Only 11 Weeks To Go! YIPPEE!



Adding these lines to the belly pics help to show how much Carly is growing! :) She's actually two weeks bigger than the size of a butternut squash which is the equivalent to four naval oranges! :)
Last night was our first Birthing class. It was three hours long, but entertaining and informative. Tina and I had a few good laughs, specially when we were doing the breathing "IN THROUGH THE NOSE AND OUT THROUGH THE MOUTH." Tina told me I sounded like I was going to suck up the whole room. :) You can either focus on a focal point or close your eyes...I think closing my eyes will work the best. I remember how bad it hurt when they put that dye in through my cervix to see if my ovaries were okay. I'm assuming the pain is similar which was PAINFUL! It completely took my breath away and wasn't a pain that I could even describe. One woman was EXTREMELY interested in the epidural. It cracked me up, because she said she didn't bother picking up the worksheet for having a natural birth. The only bummer about the epidural is the part when you have to pee in a bed pan because your hooked up to all the tubes.. They also explained that if you get your epidural too soon it can slow down the dilation process and if you wait too long to get one they don't want to give you one, because it takes 30 minutes for it to kick in and sometimes it only takes an hour to deliver at that point.

Also, we heard yesterday that we are getting a counter offer for the house we want so badly, but the cash buyer is also getting one...so we'll see what that looks like. Its so nerve wracking. We REALLY love the location and believe that would be the perfect place. A place we could actually live forever in... Other good news, Tina wrote a proposal for a new coaching, training productivity program that is getting great responses and not only that, the owner of the region who Tina didn't feel she could work for has stepped down and a new guy is in charge, which means a revamping of the company. Its a great opportunity for Tina. We are REALLY excited. She said she got inspired and wrote the proposal in ten minutes. It was so well written! She is so passionate about training and coaching. I would love to see her spending her time doing something rewarding that she could do long term. So, we'll keep our fingers crossed that something comes out of that. It will take a few months of hard work before she'll see any profit, so we're trying to save every penny. The other day Summer school was the topic of the meeting during a department meeting and my boss told me that she would allow each of us to do a three week course during the summer for $41 an hour. There are two sessions and we would teach from 8am-1pm five days a week. That would be about $3000! I think Tina and I could really be running low on dough at that point so I sent an email to my boss letting her know that I would be interested in possibly the second session of the summer if they had a spot for me. Carly will be two months old. I know I wanted to have the entire summer just figuring out breast feeding and bonding with her, but my boss needs to know by Wednesday if we're interested and I'm thinking we'll need that extra money. My best friends are going to be living so close, and I know my sisters and my mom would totally be up for watching Carly in the mornings while I teach. Tina might even be available a few days a week, so I'm thinking we'll be able to work it out. Carly would have to take a bottle while I was at work, which hopefully wouldn't be too tricky. The school is literally down the street from our house, so someone could always bring her to me at school and sit in during my class while I breast feed her somewhere private. Just as long as NONE of my students touched her with their germy hands. Someone should invent a sign for babies that says, "i know I'm adorable but don't touch me with your germ infested hands!" :)

NEWS FLASH! We received the counter offer to the house and signed it and faxed it back. Monday they will review the offers and choose. YIKES! The offer is as high as we can go and they said take it AS IS..so we have to make sure there aren't any termites and if there is we'll have to take care of that for our loan to be approved, which could cost a lot. If it was too much and we can't do it, our loan won't get approved and then we won't get the house. Although, we've had a few contractors look at the house and they couldn't see any termites, so maybe we're okay. This is SO exciting. I better not get too excited...the cash offer might look better to them. Also, we've been trying to get my car in Tina's name, but so far we haven't heard back whether Tina qualifies for another car. Our loan officer told us the loan could go through with the car in my name, but we're pushing it because I'm at 58% and you're only supposed to go up to 50% debt to ratio earning. I also forgot to mention that I teach summer school, which adds to my annual income. Our loan officer said that helps too. Okay, I'll stop obsessing. :)

No comments: