Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No Poop...

It's been three days now and day 1 and day 3 Carly only had a little skid mark in her diaper, but she's been farting and acting like she's pushing and nothing. I'm going to call her pediatrician tomorrow and see what he suggests. I'm thinking he may suggest a little diluted prune juice. She use to poop a least once a day. Its been really hot and I've been eating more dairy (Smart One Ice Creams). I wonder if that could have something to do with it. I don't know. The rice cereal stopped her up, but then it seemed like we were back to normal again after two days of just breast feeding. I haven't done anything but breast feed since. Miss A said that Carly seemed "a little off today" too, like she could be constipated. I read that its normal for babies to go without pooping for three days... hmm... I hope she goes soon. She's a SWEETIE PETEY!
I got locked in the bathroom today, while I was pumping. There are a number of stalls. I use the handicapped stall. I have a chair in there for my pump bag and I'm really fast. I even talk to the other teachers from in there, so I'm not sure how I went unnoticed. The staff is suppose to lock up when they are the LAST to use it, so the students don't go in. ANYWAY, I went to push the door open and I was locked in. The bolt on the inside of the door was broken. It was scary. I immediately felt claustrophobic. THANK GOD I had my cell phone and I had RECEPTION! I know I would have been locked in there the entire two hour block period if it wasn't for my phone! The second teacher I called, picked up her phone and came to my rescue. I called the principal's secretary and told her what happened and she sent two maintenance guys over to fix it.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

If you are going to get locked in a room I guess the bathroom has it's pro's and con's ! :) Glad you got out.

I couldn't get my kids to drink prune juice and even when I gave them apple juice it didn't seem to help.

I was always able to give them warm water and out it came.
Another thing is to lube up a thermometer and take her (ahem) temperature. It also helps get things moving.

Good luck.