Thursday, October 22, 2009

6 Month Check Up!

Carly had her 6 month check up! She was suppose to get the H1N1 vaccine, but they don't have any for her age...nobody has them. They didn't have the pnuemococcal shot either, so we'll have to go back for that. So, she only had one shot today and she didn't even cry. SWEEET BABY!
She's in the 97 percentile for weight and height. She weighed 20.4 lbs and measured 28.5 inches. Her head is now in the 90 percentile, which is a big jump from her 75% when she was just born.
We asked Dr. H what we should start feeding her and he recommended Sweet Pototoes, Carrots, Pears, Peaches, Peas, Green Beans and Rice Cereal. He said we could start feeding her twice a day. Eventunally we could be feeding her cereal and a fruit and for lunch a vegtable and a vegtable or a vegtable and a fruit. So fun. We're suppose to introduce one food every three days, but after she acted like she hated the Sweet Potatoes tonight, we experiemented with Pears. She made faces for both, but I think she like the pears the best. Of course, since pears have more sugar. She looked so cute in her high chair. I'm excited for her to experience all these new and exciting things. She's noticing EVERYTHING around her lately. Its so cool. Today she tried to stand up in the bath so she could reach the faucet!

Today I learned that there are three more students that I interact with all the time who just recently got over having swine flu. If I was going to catch it from them, I would have already contracted it. S C A R Y. I'm paronoid now that we have Carly. It terrifys me to think of her catching something like that.

I'm so happy tomorrow is Friday. We've got an eventful weekend planned. My cousin is still sick and my mom and step-dad are also sick. So, the birthday party has been cancelled again. So we've made plans to go to the Zoo with our bffs on Sunday instead. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the swine flu from my students, but I live in Australia, so you're safe. :)

K J and the kids said...

You grow em good :)