Sunday, January 24, 2010

NIGHT TWO!!! She's in her CRIB!

Last night Carly woke up after I put her down, but went down again until midnight and then went down again until 2am when Tina said it was okay to bring her to bed with us. I'm so proud of CARLY! Today, she fell asleep during nap time in the car and remained sleeping until the moment I put her in her crib. Then she woke up mad. I got her to fall back to sleep and again she woke up when I put her in her crib. Finally, I brought her into our room because Tina and I thought it would be nice to lay down too, but Carly was WIDE awake. She was doing fan kicks and talking and rolling around. Finally I just brought her downstairs so Tina could have some rest. Carly finally took her nap around 6:30pm while breast feeding on the couch, so I just held her in my arms. She's so cute. I love watching her sleep, but the goal is to get her comfortable in her crib for naps and night time sleeping.
It took another hour to get her to go to sleep in her crib tonight. Hopefully, she'll stay asleep until at least 2am. Fingers Crossed.

Guess what Tina talked me into doing today? She helped me get signed up for Boxing/Kickboxing, which is only a few minutes from our house. She's going to come home early twice a week so she can watch Carly, while I go to an hour class. There are classes at 5:30 and 6:45 pm. I haven't felt motivated to work out with my milk breasts, but I'm starting to really miss it. And I was SO happy when I was boxing back in 2005. (I can't believe its been that long.) Boxing really got my endorphins going and I got in the best shape of my life. So, I'm hoping it will have that same effect on me now. I'm SO EXCITED! Tina wants to start working out too. We should take before and after pics.





I just found the picture of my boxing body. I look like a body builder! HAHA! Look at those guns! I had zero boobs. I'm looking forward to having small boobs again actually. My goal was to breast feed for 6 months, but now I've heard that you should breast feed for at least a year. I do love being able to comfort Carly with breast feeding, but I'm sure looking forward to being leak free, less emotional and having my sex drive back. I hardly recognize myself.

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Sounds like she's well on her way to being a crib baby full time.

I wish that I could kickbox again. I loved that. Tough class too.
You look fabulous. although I don't think you are far from this picture. I on the other hand will need some time. and procedures. and everyone who see's me will need to be drunk. or wearing thick glasses.