Friday, August 13, 2010

Wow! This is my 500th Post!



Good news! The Orkin guy came out yesterday and told us he found mouse droppings under our sink! He put a snap trap there and it worked! Quick and painless, I hope. Poor thing, but I'm relieved its gone.
Last night, after putting Carly down to sleep I ran next door to get Tina's Zytec which she needs to take daily or she breaks out in hives. She is extremely allergic to my dog. :( ANYWAY, while I was getting her medicine I noticed this huge box with a little toy kitchen inside! I called Tina and told her it was only $44 and we should get it even though its total plastic which takes up so much space in our landfill, but I thought it looked like so much fun and when we out grow it we will find another home for it. Tina told me to get it, so I brought it home! Then we opened the giant box and it was in a MILLION pieces! It took 5 hours to put together and the last two hours Tina was helping! We didn't go to sleep until 1:30am which is hard to do since Carly wakes up bright and early at 5:30! Here are a couple of pictures of Carly when she first discovered her new KITCHEN! She looks extremely bored, which cracks me up, but I think its because she literally just woke up.

Carly and I met my sister and my nephew at my mom's today to go swimming. We had a nice time and Carly's fins worked again today! My sister told me that my nephew Tyson got as good as Carly is at swimming when he was her age but then the winter would come and she wouldn't be near a heated pool and he would have to relearn everything the following summer. I want us to keep our momentum with swimming. Its been so fun. Last year I was going to sign us up at the YMCA, but the time slot for classes with her age group didn't work with my work schedule. Maybe this year it will work. I'd like to figure something out. It has been so fun for both of us.

New words "That's SAND" are much clearer today! She says it more like "THAT's SAN!" I asked Carly to say Grandma on our way to my mom's house and she said it three times! So cute! She also has been saying "Ah Uh" when she doesn't want something and "Uh Huh" when she wants something. So funny. It amazes me when she repeats what I ask her to say. Most of the time she won't. OH! And the other day I said,"Do you want a bottle?" and she said "BA BA!" BIG GIRL! That was the first time she said that!

We've been working on "MORE PLEASE!" instead of her latest "OOOH OOOH OOOH" like a monkey.:)

Here's video footage of Carly last night in the bath demonstrating her bubble blowing and kicking skills!

1 comment:

Gia said...

oh those kids' toys are HARD to put together!!!
and I'm glad the mouse is GONE!!!