
They first thawed the three 5 day embryos that were frozen together and none of them survived. Then they thawed the last four 6 day blasts and these are the three that survived. The embryologist said she liked the top left blast the best and second was the smaller one to the right. They said in six hours it should look like the first one. I'm not sure which grade they are or what that means, but they put all of them in. Now, I'm on bed rest until Sunday. Carly laid beside me on the couch last night like a sweet little darling. Tina took her to daycare and went to work. The first 24 hours is supposed to be strict bed rest. Only getting up to go to the bathroom and laying completely horizontal. So, after 3pm today I am allowed to get up for five minutes every hour. I think I have to go to the lab on the 16th for a pregnancy test. They discourage home pregnancy tests, even though I did a ton with the IVF with Carly. I had to wait the 14 days for that hcg shot to wear off and then I could do those five day early pregnancy tests..like clear blue or something like that. It was awesome because I got to see when the hcg shot wore off and when the real pregnancy hcg hormone was detected. It got darker and darker. :) I was confident that I was pregnant! I'm not sure with FET meds have the hcg hormone that would cause the home pregnancy tests to have a false positive, but I'm still going to see what the test does before going in for the blood test. I'm way too curious!!!
The procedure was SUPER positive. First, when we went in there I was feeling SUPER emotional. I figured it was from the double amount of progesterone that I received the night before, but it was rough. I was fighting back tears, which felt embarrassing when the nurses are so friendly and sweet. I had a list of questions for them because their sheet said no sunbathing, no jacuzzis nothing to make your temperature rise... (regarding to after the bed rest and waiting for the pregnancy test) Swimming with Carly makes me so happy and we had plans to have a playdate on the beach with Carly's little friends. So, as long as I sit under an umbrella and don't get too hot I'll be okay. Also, not allowed to walk around for more than an hour at at time. AND I can't lift Carly. So, she's going to have to get in her car seat by herself. We'll put a little stool by the car to help her get in. Also, we decided to convert Carly's crib into the toddler bed, so I wouldn't have to lift her in our out. Tina converted it last night and Carly said, "WHAT HAPPENED?" So cute. She slept in it like a champ. Her room is blocked off with a gate because we have a two story, so if she learns she can get in and out of her bed, she'll still be safe in her room. It eased my mind coming up with those solutions...
Then our doctor came in and so cheerfully said, "Ready to make a baby!!!" After we spoke about the embryos it was time for me to take my valium. They gave Tina her little cap and booties and I went in and had to put a gown on..open in the front. Turns out my bladder was TOO full. So, I had to do a 3 count pee. Then, I had to do another because it was still too full. The valium made me feel much more relaxed for sure and the nurses and our doctor were so fun. They were joking and saying all sorts of cute things. The embryologist brought in the embryos and the nurses said, "Here's to one of them sticking and for the other two to cheer it on!!!" The hardest part was laying there for an hour afterwards. My bladder was killing me. I peed in my first bed pan. I couldn't get myself to go all the way, but it helped ease some of the pressure.
Doing this FET has made me feel complete. We don't have any more embryos and this is it. Whatever the outcome is, we will be okay. We have given it 100 percent and if its meant to be it will happen.

2 comments:
Lots of positive sticky vibes.
I tested every day from day 2 I think...maybe 3. On my FET I got a positive on day 5.
I never did get false positives though. I don't know.
either way. TEST. I gotta know. :)
Sooo excited I can hardly stand it!!
I agree with K, never had a false positive, not once :) Can't wait to hear what the first test says.....
Post a Comment