Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Words of Wisdom


This is what Carly picked out to wear to bed tonight :)
Tina is a genius. Her theory was...if frozen take longer to implant, maybe one implanted on Saturday, which would mean its only four days out since then and too early to test. I get it now! (Karen I think this is what you meant!)
Frankly, I don't think our embryos were that viable this time. Our doctor didn't seem to be that excited about them like she was when she transfered our fresh cycle. She said during our fresh cycle that our embryos were perfect and this time she looked bummed and didn't say anything about their quality...just that they were the sole survivors.

ANYWAY enough OBSESSING! SHEESH!

Tina had an AWESOME idea though! She suggested doing IUI! WE still have two frozen vials of Carly's donor's sperm!!! Granted, I did like 6 IUIs with various donors and none of them worked...well, the first one did but ended with a d and c after our first visit. There wasn't a heart beat. (We did a couple IUIs with Tina too, before that...) One of those times, I did it with Clomid and TWO eggs dropped!!! WE were so excited! Then, the SPERM was BUNK! The motility was really bad! We paid 1000 dollars for bad sperm! UGH! We should have gotten our money back from that for sure, but after that I was irritated with IUI and wanted to try IVF with a higher pregnancy rate. That was when we were using a cryobank on the East Coast. After that we decided to use one in California, so if that ever happened again..they could just send us another vial same day... That's when Tina discovered Carly's donor. What a cutie he is.


Anyway, our doctor does IUIs as well! IUIs are really easy ..the hardest part about them was knowing exactly when ovulation and then timing it with the delivery of the sperm and the doctors office...but our sperms already at our doctor's office and its paid just sitting there wanting to be used!!! :)
So, I have to say THIS makes me happy. I really do have that vision of a little face that looks like Carly's. I know Carly would love to be a big sister... AND HECK my family is NOT complete as long as we have two vials of SPERM just sitting there wanting to be used! :)

3 comments:

Janet's page said...

I like all of that..

I was surprised at how nonchalant you were about it if it didn't work and being done. I don't know about you but once the idea is in my head about baby's I'm not going to be so calm about things not working, I LIKE TO GET MY WAY DAMNIT!! :)

So here's to one of them (not 3) sticking for oh say 10months :)

Kar y Ro said...

Go Krista and Tina!

I was lucky to get pregnant at my very first IUI, but we waited for a perfect egg and a perfect linning. That meaning 7 cycles!!!

I had no hormonal stimulation, just a HCG trigger to perfectly time the ovulation and RE even said she could split the donor vial if needed, so maybe those 2 vials can become 4?

Good luck and you can still be lucky this FET don't loose hope!

K J and the kids said...

Still with crossed fingers.