Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School!

My first day went really well! I'm amazed at how nice everyone is and how many other young art/ROP teachers there are at the school. I felt bad for the Fashion Design teacher who had to move out of her room so that we could have it for Art 1 (Oh, I'm teaching Art 1 now, instead of Digital Photography due to scheduling and I basically trade rooms with another teacher, which is no biggy because now it will only be like having two preps..since I've taught Art 1 before). Turns out the Fashion Design teacher knows my God Mother and has worked with her in fashion shows. Small world! I felt bad that she had to move rooms. What a mess! She was obviously completely overwhelmed, so I help her move boxes and stuff. I made sure I was careful not to lift anything too heavy, but it made me nervous. We carried stuff to the front of the classroom and then we loaded everything onto carts. Of course I can't mention that I'm pregnant this early...but I would DIE if I jeopardized my pregnancy because of moving a dumb box. I think I was okay though. Still, it's on my mind. I also feel so much better now that I'm not taking that extra 50mg of Progesterone and those Estrogen patches, that it makes me wonder if my hcg levels are still rising the way they should. It's only been four days since my last blood test, but wish I was scheduled to take another one for reassurance. I'm completely booked tomorrow too...so I couldn't get away to take one and I can't go before school because I don't have a lab slip. Maybe I'll email the IVF coordinator and see what she thinks. I will feel so much better after we hear the heartbeat. The chance of miscarrying is a lot less once you hear the heart beat. 
I found out today that my school insurance would not have covered IVF.  That had been waying on my mind this summer. I was wondering if I was being an idiot for not waiting one month to have group insurance even thought it would have been very difficult to get all the labs and do all that was required while working at a new job. It was difficult enough doing it this summer! Anyway, I'm glad we went for it...but it's still nice knowing that it wouldn't have been free if we waited a month. :) 
I feel like my life has become a dream. They gave us a T shirt and mug with our high school's name on it and I just felt so proud. I'm proud that everyone's calling me by my new last name and I'm just so excited that I'm pregnant. It's difficult keeping it a secret, because I would like to tell EVERYONE. The other day at my benefits meeting these two teachers were bragging that their wives were pregnant. They were so proud and so excited to be fathers. It was very sweet. This is a very exciting time of life. I really can't remember ever being so excited about anything in my life and I think my life has been pretty exciting this far! 

No comments: