It's a GORGEOUS day today. I would love to go boogie boarding with Tina, but I have these patches on and I have to lay low. I know she would love to go. I guess I should just force her to go out without me..so she can have fun and let off a little steam. She needs it.
Last night we met our good friends who are visiting from Arizona at their favorite bar and grill. The band was great and it turned out the lead singer was a teacher from my school! I went up to him and he recognized me and I told him how great he was and how much we were enjoying listening to his band. Then I told him about my new job. He told me about his and how he's going to be an administrator this year at a different school! I told him that my only fear about my new job is passing the physical...I told him that I did IVF and told him about all the medication I've been on. And we agreed that they are probably only looking for illegal drugs. He congratulated me and asked if my husband was there and I told him actually...I have a wife. Then I realized I may have just given the poor guy way too much information about myself in the short time that we were visiting. I told him we'd continue to listen and later on Tina and I bumped into him again with our friend from Arizona who is also a bass player. We told him that we were all musicians and I bragged what a terrific lead guitar player Tina was...He was ready to have us come up to the stage and play. He told me he would email me so we could play music together. That was sweet.

No comments:
Post a Comment