After computer graphic design, I taught web design and had to show them how to use Flash which I hardly understand myself. They had fun with it. They are so smart! They were born in the world of computers.
The first person I saw today was Tina's boss's best friend's son. ( That sounds funny.) He was very respectful and seemed to be excited to have me as a teacher. It's probably only a matter of time before he tells someone that I'm a lesbian. I haven't had to deal with my students knowing anything about my personal life and I've never experienced students talking behind my back. I love the idea of being out and proud for young gay students who need a role model. If my students knew that I am gay I imagine that they would probably bring it up when it's not appropriate and want to have gay debates, when we're supposed to be focused on the subject matter and california content standards. This is also a very small town and I'm bound to run into my students. I can already see it. I'm with Tina and our babies are calling each of us mommy. :) So far I've already got a bunch of "What does your husband do?" questions. Like the FIRST day of school in the staff meeting. I said "REAL ESTATE!" and changed the subject. I will tell a few people who become my friends, but I don't think EVERYONE needs to know. And, if they find out through the grapevine that fine with me.
My mom stopped by my school during last period and brought me four new shirts. So sweet. I told her that I've been having difficulty figuring out what to wear to school. The new shirts we got REALLY look maternity I've decided and my normal shirts are too tight around my stomach and my new love handles from the shots! I wore a button down striped shirt today...it was the perfect disguise. Totally hid everything. It's tricky to hide this. My mom bought me some cute stuff, but everything will look a lot better when I'm passed this dumpy stage and actually look like a pregnant girl. :)
Anyway, I'm so proud of myself today. I did it! I got the copies just in time and everything worked out beautifully. It was a miracle. I have a stack of papers to grade already, but I'm going to go lay down. Tomorrow's going to be easy. I just have two graphic design classes tomorrow, that I already taught today! So, I feel completely ready for tomorrow. I also have a two hour prep tomorrow. I LOVE THAT!
I can't wait to go to the ultra sound appointment. EIGHT MORE DAYS!

2 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT day! Umm...just a thought...you COULD password protect this blog. It wouldn't be very hard for them to find this blog... I think you would have to approve the peeps that see it..
I was worried at first, but I figure the kids know me by my last name and the school I teach, which I never mentioned in the blog. Plus, if your doing blog searching, you would have to only be interested in infertility and things like that. :) I think I'm safe.
Post a Comment