Monday, August 18, 2008

YIPPEE! NO MORE PATCHES!

I had a great day today. First, Tina and I both had to get blood drawn. Tina's was for her annual check up and mine was for my second BETA! Even though Tina was supposed to rush off to work we decided to sneak in  breakfast. She was starving because she had to fast. Breakfast was delicious and I enjoyed the little extra time with Tina. After that Tina rushed off to work and my mom took me shopping for looser clothes. We went to this maternity shop and she bought me capris, white pants, and pair of jeans with super comfortable stretchy wastes!-Now we're talking! She also got me a black maternity shirt that I'll wear when I'm more OUT about my pregnancy to coworkers and students. Mom and I had fun together. My mom is a shopping professional. We SCORED on shirts at this 75% sale at JC PENNYS. I NEVER would have thought to go in there and it was a gold mine. They had REALLY comfy shoes too, perfect for work. So, after the many successes we had shopping I decided to take my mom out to my favorite Greek place. Tina's so tired of it because I make her take me there all the time, but it was the first time my mom had ever been there and she loved it. We shared a salad and each had a cup of my favorite lemon chicken soup! Delicious! 
On our way home, I realized I hadn't heard from the doctor yet about my BETA results. I tried to call, but nobody answered at the office. There was an email waiting for me when I got home saying they had tried to get a hold of me (weird because my phone was right beside me...not ringing), but she said my results were so good and I could discontinue the patches and cut my progesterone in half! So now, I will only be taking 50mg instead of 100mg! I'm SO excited. I think all those extra hormones were making me even more tired. I bet I'll have more energy now and I'll finally feel like I can take a proper shower without worrying if the patches are going to get too wet. I am SO grateful that everything is working out. I wish they told me what my hcg level was in the email so I could check it with the BETA chart. Hopefully, she'll email me back with it tomorrow! It makes me proud knowing the numbers for some reason. 
Tina and I are going to settle in and watch some movies. It's my favorite thing to do. Tina misses our more active lifestyle. As soon as my ovaries mellow out I won't be such a bump on a log...I'll force myself to get out there with my Lady and take our dogs for walks!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Update: My estrogen levels went from one thousand something to 3339! WOW! My progesterone was high too, 353. I'm so glad I was able to decrease the amount of medication. I already feel better and its only the next morning.

No comments: