Monday, September 29, 2008

NO MORE PROGESTERONE SHOTS! YIPPEE!

WE got the word that we can stop taking our shots. I am so happy. Today, was actually a good day. I'm hoping tomorrow will be too. This weekend was brutal.
Tonight Tina and I went out to a delicious dinner and then went on a short walk on the boardwalk with the puppies! They were SO HAPPY! It was so nice to do something for them..and the fresh sea air was a treat. Tina was so happy that I was out of the house. I've been keeping her hostage. Poor thing.
I have to meet with the Vice Principal Thursday. He is going to evaluate me, because I'm a new employee. It's always a bit nerve wracking when someone watches you and looks for ways you can improve. Although, their suggestions are usually very helpful. I remember last year I was sure my VP would fire me after her experience in my class. I had a boy writing bad words on his paper instead of taking notes and she got so angry. She was as sweet as a dove when talking about it with me privately later and told me that I was doing great for a first year teacher and I would only improve as time went on. I want to shine this time. I LOVE my job. It couldn't get any better! I'm made for teaching graphic design and web design. It's totally my thing, even more so than art now.

In the month of October, Tina and I have four ultra sound appointments. Unreal. Dr. T said we could come in on Oct 7th if we're worried and on the 14th we have that down syndrome test where they measure the baby's neck and do a blood test and on the 21st is our monthly check up again back at Dr T and my mom's friend Karen who is an OBGYN swears she can tell the baby's sex as early as 13 weeks so she invited us in for a visit on a Tuesday or Thursday at 1:45. Tuesdays are no good for Tina, so we'll do a Thursday when I have 6th period prep. I think we'll wait and see Karen on October 30. I'll be two days from 15 weeks. She should probably have a better chance seeing the sex and I don't think I want to do more than one ultrasound a week. :) CRAZY DAYS!
It is great knowing everything is going well in there. I've been reading on the internet that ultrasounds can be harmful to the fetus. It can warm up the cells and change them somehow, but they really aren't sure if it is damaging or not. Yikes.

No comments: