And, that was it. Dr. A congratulated us and we made another appointment for Sept 18th at 3:45 pm. Tina and I were sort of in shock. We felt sure we had two in there! I was VERY relieved that we found a healthy heartbeat. Realistically, having only one baby in the womb is less risk and easier to carry. I'll probably be able to work full term too, which is a good thing, since my school doesn't get out until June 11th and according to babycenter dot com we're due April 25th. If we were having twins I most likely would deliver four weeks early and possibly stay on bed rest towards the end. Who knows. I just hope this baby grows healthy and stays with us. I would love to fast forward to our visit in three weeks so we could see that heartbeat again. Part of me thought that the other baby might just be hiding behind the other one and surprise us at our next visit.
Tina and I had dinner after our appointment and called our close friends and family to tell them the good news. We met with my mom for a second and then picked up the dogs and took them to the boardwalk for a little walk. I'm wiped out. I didn't have my usual three hour nap today. I wonder if my doctor will take me off of Progesterone after getting my test results tomorrow. I wonder if I'm overdosed on the stuff. Is this normal to be this tired! I'm off to bed. I'm SO excited about that flickering heartbeat. :) All of this is so surreal.

3 comments:
We can relate....we thought for sure we were having a boy....you could have heard a pin drop....when the announcement of....you are having a girl was announced.....However, I can not imagine my life with anyone but our baby girl!! Your "one" baby is going to be exactly what this world needs! This universe has a funny way of giving you exactly what you need. We love you so much and we are so excited for you both!!
HUGS!!
Great news you guys! Sending love all the way from Indo!
Thanks guys! We're excited! :)
Post a Comment