Sunday, November 16, 2008

17 Weeks and 1 day



Our baby is getting big.

There was fresh red blood in the toilet after my morning pee first thing this morning. It's been one week exactly since I had my last sighting of red blood. Last night when I got into bed and turned on to my side I couldn't get the pillows under my stomach fast enough and I felt this painful pull. I wonder if that had something to do with this morning's bleeding. It's so weird.

We're going over to our friend's house later. They are going to do a bbq and our dogs will get to play together while I sit in their comfortable recliner/massager chair. it will be nice getting out of the house. Tina thought maybe we should cancel because of my bleeding, but I don't think it will harm anything laying there rather than here. It will be nice to have a new scenery and visit a little. We've been so out of touch.

My lifelong best friend Wendy called me from Jakarta Friday night with very sad news. She told me that she's been pregnant this whole time too, but hasn't said anything because she started having bleeding at five weeks and when they went in for a ultrasound they couldn't find anything. They figured it was too small to see anything. She continued to bleed and was in severe pain and discovered she had a ectopic pregnancy. She was ten weeks pregnant when she had her fallopian tube removed. Poor thing. I wish there was something I could do for her. This is her second miscarriage since the birth of her beautiful daughter four years ago.

2 comments:

shulbow said...

Thinking of you and sending thoughts of good health to you and the teeny tiny baby girl.

ko said...

Thanks Becke! Cool Blog! I like that yahoo language translater! Too cool.