Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ITS A GIRL!!!





It's been confirmed! YEAH!!! It's a girl! So exciting! Also, he said that the baby was about 7 ounces which is a little over half a pound and she was 7 inches..which according to babycenter is the weight and length of a 18 week old. :) My excitement was a little short lived however when the doctor said it looks like I have placenta abruption which means that I'll probably be on bed rest for the entire rest of the pregnancy. I had to notify my work today. I have benefits until May 1st. So, I will have to go back to work for five weeks so we could keep our insurance. Otherwise we'll have to go on Cobra which is like 1000 a month. The doctor said from 1 to 10, he gives us a 4 for danger..with 10 being the most dangerous. He said our options were to abort the pregnancy,(YEAH RIGHT!), but he doesn't recommend it, or we will miscarry and possibly hemorrhage, or we will carry to full term. I guess we already knew those things could happen, but I prefer the scenario where we carry full term and everything will be okay. I no longer have Placenta Previa anymore though..so that's positive.

My niece is fixing my hair tomorrow. She's in beauty school and I want to support her...so I'm going to be her guinea pig. She did my mom's hair and a lot of old ladies come into get their hair done. It be a good experience for her to work on someone of a younger age group. :)

I have that class tomorrow to make my classes college credit. I'm debating whether I should go. Its important for my work, but I'm supposed to be on bed rest. Although, the doctor said if you haven't had red blood in 72 hours than you can have a modified bed rest..and if there is no bleeding in two weeks you can go back to your regular activities.

Okay..Tina just got mad at me. I'm not allowed to go anywhere tomorrow. Or ever. I'm bound to my bed or the couch. :( I feel useless, but I have to not think of it that way...I must think of it as I have a very important job to be VERY relaxed so this baby will be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a girl! Yippeee! Congrats!