Yesterday, was day two of my bed rest. All was going great I had two days no bleeding and then it started. I gushed bright red blood like four times. It seemed like a lot of blood. Then the whole low amniotic fluid thing was stressing us out, so I decided to call our doctor and give her the heads up on the bleeding. She had me come in this morning and on the way to the office Tina and I were able to feel the baby move!!! It was SO cool. It happened after our last ultrasound and I was trying to show my mom, but this time there was NO question that it was the baby. My whole stomach moved up and Tina felt it. Made me feel good as we drove to the doctor's office. Then, our doctor could see that the amniotic fluid was back and my placenta is moving up like it is supposed to! :) YEAH! Our doctor had us change our appointment from November 26th to this Wednesday for that special test with the top of the line 4D ultrasound machine, because we can't tell with her machine what is a pool of blood from bleeding or what is the placenta. I think we'll be able to find out the sex of the baby too on wednesday!!! I can't wait! Although, I think its a girl! My god mother just sent me this COOl email from her friend that's against churches funding YES on 8 discrimination. She wrote this:

Here's what I ended up doing today on a whim, and I feel much better.
I took a picture of my No on 8 sign, downloaded it, printed it and cut it to a business card size. Then I went to Holy Cross and put it in John's vase. It was quite empowering. I'll attach a picture.
Afterwards, I called the local Democratic party and reported the incident of politicizing at my local parish and mentioned the phrase "tax exempt status." The woman I talked to said there had been many callers reporting similar incidences. I told her that I had just placed a No on 8 sign within the sacred halls of Holy Cross and to feel free to pass my story on. She said it made her day.
Next, I called Father Joe, the priest who did John's funeral and saw eye to eye with him politically. I haven't talked to him for awhile, so I blurted out, "Guess what I just did" and told him the story about Holy Cross. His response was this ~ "I'm SO glad you called today."
I suppose I answered my own question from this morning. What do you do? You don't do nothing. Even the smallest gesture has the potential to trickle out to make a difference. I figured if people can put signs in their yard, then I can put a sign in the one area I own in the Catholic church ~ John's cubicle.
–Mrs. Bair
No comments:
Post a Comment