Friday, March 20, 2009

More Drama From My Mama!






My mother basically told me that her doctor friend Karen called and told her how concerned she was about me that my doctor hadn't been checking my amniotic fluid twice a week. She said that Karen's so worried about it that she'd actually just like to measure the levels today on her day off. I was like, "What? She's worried? She didn't seem that worried when we met with her last week to do the 4D pics." I called my doctor and left a message telling her that my mom's doctor friend Karen was concerned about my low amniotic levels, even though my doctor just checked and the levels were considered normal. Karen believed that my doctor was measuring the cord instead of amniotic fluid, because they both look black in the ultrasound, but thanks to the 4D ultrasound you can actually see the difference between the two. I decided that it couldn't hurt to go down and let Karen measure again, since she was offering. My mom paged Karen for us and told us that we could go down there at 2pm. My mom seemed really excited that we were going to have an appointment with her. She said she'd let Tina and I go by ourselves to check the amniotic fluid. My mom also said that if we find out that the amniotic fluid is in fact low and our doctor said it was normal, we should go ahead and let Karen take over and deliver Carly because my doctor made a mistake by not measuring me again on Wednesday. I told mom that I we've already paid my doctor for Carly's birth. We've been making little payments for her delivery at every appointment. My mom said, "Krista the most important thing is that Carly gets here safely."
As much as I think Karen is a great doctor, Tina and I have built a great rapport with our doctor and Tina's best friend had an amazing delivery experience with our doctor and we have always felt really safe with her. Its also been much more peaceful having our own private relationship with our doctor. Whenever we have involved Karen, my mom thinks its her place to get involved and she makes a huge deal out of everything making things a way bigger deal than necessary.

On the drive to Karen's office Tina and I started wondering if in fact Karen had actually called my mom with a concern, or if my mom made the whole thing up and was actually the one who called her with her concerns. My mom made such a big deal out of every little thing that Karen said during the last ultrasound that Tina and I wouldn't have been surprised if my mom had in fact orchestrated this entire thing so we would mind her and go get checked.
So, that's what we did. We asked Karen who called who and she said that my mom called her worried and concerned, but she said she didn't mind, because mom had a right to be concerned about her grand baby. Just then, I felt humiliated and betrayed. I couldn't believe my mom and yet, I could believe it. What a piece of work! My mom has had an agenda from the very beginning to convince me to have Karen deliver the baby.
Karen took measurements and took these great pics of Carly. Carly has grown from 5 pounds 20 ounces to 6 pounds 9 ounces in one week! That's a healthy girl! Her face totally looks more filled out too. She looks so sweet. Her amniotic fluid level was up too from 6.6 to 7.9. We also asked about the cord being wrapped around her neck and Karen said that it did look like it was around her neck, but about 1 out of every 4 babies get their cords wrapped around their necks and they come out fine.
On the way home I decided to call my mom and tell her that I didn't think it was cool for her to say that the doctor was concerned when in fact she was the was the one that was concerned, which was a HUGE difference. My mom started crying and said that if I thought she was a liar then she was THROUGH with me and she hung up.
What do you do with that?
I do enjoy having these pictures of Carly, but for what price have we paid for involving my mother...
Poor Tina. She's all messed up with her bad sprain and she took me to see Karen and spent the day with me while I went on yet another one of my mother's rollercoaster rides. Tina is SO tired of seeing my mom upset me. I want the insanity to stop and more than anything I want to protect Carly from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is good. Hope you can continue to find strength to shield yourself and your baby from you mother. SHE can't run your life... :)