My mom asked me what we want Carly to call us. I told her that Carly can call us whatever she wants to call us. I'd be happy if she called both Tina and I "Mommy". Does it matter? My mom told me she wants Carly to refer to my step dad as Grandpa instead of Rick. I call him Rick because he married my mom when I was 21. So according to my mom, if I call Rick, "Rick" Carly will call him Rick instead of Grandpa.
I don't think there's a problem if she calls Tina and I both Mommy, since that's what we are. If Carly's crying for Tina and says, "I want Mommy" it will be obvious to me that she wants Tina instead of me. Although, sometimes Tina says, "Daddy's home!" but I think she only wants me to think of her as Daddy.:)
What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You could start her off with a mommy and a mama. But I think in the end she will call you whatever she wants to call you.
Syd came up with Mommy J all by herself. Now...that's what everyone calls her.
Krista...you make me LAUGH! :) Our friends adopted little boy calls one of them mommy and the other MaMA. He's from guatemala. Robyn only speaks to him in spanish so she's the MaMA. Amy only speaks to him in English. It works.
As for Rick...I call BS! You call him Rick and Carly will call him Grandpa IF you want her to! Sheeesh! I don't call my grandma "MOM" because my MOM calls her "MOM". Duh! I'm sure if you referred to him as Grandpa Rick...she'll get the hang of it.
If this is Life's biggest challenge..its all gonna turn out GREAT! :) Miss u gals!
Post a Comment