Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sad Little Baby!

Carly cried for almost two hours today when we tried to put her down for her late afternoon nap. She ended up completely missing her nap by crying through it. Tina took her upstairs to put her down like normal when Carly started to show signs of being ready for her nap, only, she was up there for so long while Carly continued to cry. I went upstairs to relieve Tina and the same thing happened with me, Carly would relax for a bit and then start crying again. We had the fans going from the bathroom...we had the air conditioning blasting, we were doing her favorite resting positions with the shhhhhh shhhhhh in the ear and the light lulluby music in the background from her little Tinkerbell cd player. We tried it all. I even tried feeding her again. Finally, Tina came back and relieved me after I relieved her. That lasted another very long time until finally, I decided okay...I guess its bath time! Carly was all happy about taking a bath and ditching the nap, even though she was clearly exhausted. She LOVES the bath. She's SOOOOOO cute. She loves floating on her back with just her little eyes looking up and her ears under that water. She coos and looks around while I push the water back and forth like a wave rocking her. I love how relaxed she is in the water!!! Then I got her all ready for bed and we looked at one of her favorite books...All the mood light dark...calm... Nope, Carly was not ready. Finally, it was her actual REAL bed time and I put her in her crib and let her cry for a minute. I thought, "Okay, this is crazy, she just needs to go to sleep..." She was getting pissed... So, I picked her up. I'm super calm mind you... and Tina comes upstairs all concerned, but I had confidence that Carly was close to falling asleep. Tina didn't get to the bottom of the stairs and Carly's little head plopped on my shoulder. The sweet thing. Made me think...hmmm do you think that latte may have had something to do with this, but I have one every day almost...and she's usually fine. Then, I was like...no she's just fussy..it can't be the caffeine (probably addiction talking since I don't want to give it up).
She woke up to eat about 45 minutes after putting her down, but she was PASSED out. She ate and didn't even open her sweet eyes. She's so damn sweet. Tina and I love her SO much.

We went on a little shopping spree today at Ko.hl's. We've blown through all Carly's awesome hand-me-downs. Today, I put her in an outfit for 12 months and it fit her perfectly..almost tight! WHAT! Must be some Italian brand. :) Runs SMALL!

We bought a bunch of 12 month stuff today. Its for 20 lbs-24 lbs with length of 28-30 inches which would fit C who's been hooking us up with all her goodies. Soon, C will be wearing all Carly's hand-me-downs. What comes around goes around!:) Anyway, we had a blast shopping for Carly. It was our first time buying clothes for her! I loved the boy stuff too. I totally want to dress her like a little tom boy. Tina (of all people) stopped me. We looked everywhere for bathing suits, but they are all put away for winter. WE did find a 12 month old two piece on the sale rack. PERFECT! Adorable. Its red with little strawberries on it. So funny. Can't wait to see her in that!

Yesterday after the bbq I took this footage of Tina and Carly reading. I love how Carly is working her hands! She's flipping those pages so well. SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

No comments: